Tour code MRT003
Price 197 $
Duration 2 Days
Tour route Ho Chi Minh city - Cai Be - Can Tho - Tra on - Can Tho - Vinh Long
The Mekong River, the longest river in Indochina, is divided into nine tributaries within Vietnam and has spawned the vast Mekong Delta. The Mekong Delta is often referred as the ‘rice bowl’ and the ‘garden of heaven’, because of its rich soil which is ideal for growing fruit, vegetables and flowers. However, periodic floods have forced the local people to adapt their way of life to the vagaries of the delta and this tour allows you to experience their precariously balanced ‘life on the water’. Visiting their floating houses, floating schools and floating markets, you will be amazed by their wet rice civilization. Our team will provide you with a wealth of fascinating information about the region as we sail downstream through the canals of the Mekong River. Join the lively floating market, visit luxuriant orchards, enjoy tropical fruits in the gardens where they are grown, sample delicious local dishes and spend the night on board in this unique setting.
In fact, the Mekong Delta is one of the most beautiful of all Vietnam’s landscapes. Now you can discover the region for yourself in a more profound way than was previously possible. Our special cruise not only takes you deep into the delta but also enables you to experience local life in all its many facets. Immerse yourself in the rich culture of the Mekong Delta and enjoy your overnight stay on board our luxurious boat with every home comfort at your fingertips.
The suggested itinerary that you will find on this page is just a common example of what your trips could be like. Our programs are flexible and can be changed upon your request. Kindly advise us your special requests – Vietnam Typical Tours is always at your services!
Day 1 : Ho Chi Minh city – Cai Be – Can Tho ( _ / L / D )
– 8.15am: Pick up at your hotel in HCMC. Depart for Cai Be by air-conditioned private car.
– 11.30am: Board LE COCHINCHINE boat. Enjoy a welcome drink.
– Explore the lively Cai Be floating market. Cruise through the intricate maze of waterways to visit the handicraft villages, meet the local people, see inside their homes and sample various tropical fruits.
– Arrive at Vinh Long island where we embark on a walking or cycling sightseeing tour of the Culao BINH HOA PHUOC.
– Le Cochinchine sets sail to Cantho via Cho LACH and TRAON.
– Disembark at Cho LACH village and begin a pleasant walking or biking tour along the footpaths of the countryside to discover tropical fruit orchards and the local people’s activities. Visit a cottage industry, a local farm and sample seasonal fruits.
– Take a leisurely cruise up the Mekong River to Mang Thit whilst enjoying aperitifs and the magnificent sunset over the river.
– Dinner and overnight on board in TRAON.
Day 2 : Tra on – Can Tho – Vinh Long ( B / _ / _ )
– Wake up to the sounds of the Mekong Delta coming to life at the start of another glorious day.
– After breakfast, cruise along the canals and visit a Co Chien village to experience the lifestyle and hospitality of the local inhabitants.
– Take a leisurely cruise up the Bassac River (Hau Giang River) while enjoying the beautiful scenery
– On arrival at Can Tho, explore Cai Rang market, one of the most lively floating markets in the Mekong Delta where hundreds of small boats laden with fruit jostle for space as owners attempt to sell their goods. Cruise through the palm-shaded creek to see the traditional-style houses in which the local people live as well as the lush orchards, busy ship-building yards and bustling markets where they make their livelihoods.
– 11am: Check out and disembark the boat. Meet the car. Have lunch in a local restaurant. Return to HCMC with a stopover at the bonsai garden in Mytho. Finish the trip at your hotel at around 5pm. End of services.
Tour price includes :
Sightseeing as per program
Full board package as indicated in the program (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
1 night on board in Twin or Double share
English / French speaking guide on board
Tour price excludes :
Shuttle bus or private car
Drinks & other meals not mentioned in the program