The Bassac are three boats sharing the same standards and mostly differing in size. They are made of wood according to tradition while respecting the best standards, all cabins have a private bathroom, and are air-conned, sound-proofed, heat insulated, and fitted with fire detection. They offer several different living areas each, including a common room that can be completely opened, a rear upper deck suitable for dinner and a front sundeck.
Day 1: Sai Gon – Cai Be – Tra On ( L,D )
– 8:00 Am pick up at your hotel in Saigon, transfer to Caibe
– Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, Introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
– Departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
– Lunch while on route. Rest on the deck.
– The Bassac slip into Cho Lach canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the reiver traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water
– Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby.
– Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
– The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from the little Tra On floating market, for the night
Day 2: Tra On – Can Tho ( B,L,D )
– You may get up for breakfast as early as 06:30, as the ship is resuming its cruise the Tra On floating market. The ship then departs towards Can Tho
– Arrival in Cai Rang floating market, transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, the nearby arroyos and gardens and return to the Ninh Kieu pier by mid-morning.
– Boarding back at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink. Departure upstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
– Upon arrival at Thot Not, transfer on the longboat to take some walks at the bamboo village in Thot Not.
– Boarding back at dusk, rest on the deck for the sunset while taking somes drinks at the bar.
– The dinner is served on board. The Bassac takes the way back to Can Tho and casts anchor near Can Tho for the night.
Day 3: Can Tho – Sai Gon ( B )
– Breakfast is available from 06:30, while the ship is cruising towards Can Tho city.
– Arrival in Cai Rang floating market, check out and transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, the nearby arroyos and gardens and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
– Arrival at Ninh Kieu, Can Tho, late morning.
– Then you, transfer to hotel in Saigon. Drop off at your hotel. End of tour
+ Transportation on board;
+ Accommodation of each passenger in a twin-share cabin, double- or twin-bedded, except where other accommodation arrangements are mentioned in the booking slip;
+ All meals mentioned in the trip
+ Vietnamese coffee, tea; mineral water;
+ Two visits on shore or on a small skiff;
+ Access to all services on board;
+ Access to and from the board on a longboat;
+ All taxes.
+ Road, speedboat transfer from/to Saigon, except if specifically mentioned in the booking slip;
+ Bar services; Personal travel insurance;
+ Visas and visa fees;
+ Tips and gratuities.
+ Payment services charge by credit card or bank trasfer (+3%)